Monday, January 18, 2010

My Job Tonight...Pray

i forced myself to stay home tonight, instead of going to the benefit concert. I had my first full day back at work and i feel like I could pass out. Every part of me wanted to say "screw it...I'm going" but I knew that if I were to push myself...I would not get better.
So instead...I sent my roomie with my money and I sit back and read everyone's tweets about how amazing it is and how many people there are. My heart is overjoyed that in just 29 minutes into the benefit over $5,000 was raised and all of it is going to Real Hope for Haiti! YES!
Awesome!
I'm sad at the same time that I can't be a part of it...then I get mad at myself for being so selfish. Why do I really want to be there? To hear good music? To be around a lot of cool people? To say that I was part of something that is changing the world? So that I can tweet about it and say "look how cool it is?" or is it to see God be glorified through His people? To see a need and see it be fulfilled? To see the work of God's people coming together for an amazing cause? To know that thousands of lives will be blessed and even saved because of what is taking place tonight?

Oh that my heart would beat with Yours, God. Thank You that you are turning it to You and breaking it for what breaks Yours.

So i turned off the bachelor and I'm gonna pray. (yeah...you heard that right...the bachelor... I can't STAND that show...but somehow I get sucked in...) I'm gonna pray for tonight. Pray for Haiti and pray for God's NAME to be lifted up and glorified, pray for my brothers and sisters tonight who are speaking a good word.
It's gonna be a good good night!

3 comments:

Vitamin Z said...

Bachelor = dumbest show on TV. So so so dumb.

Pray it up.

Connie said...

I love you, Em, and am so proud of you. No matter how dumb the bachelor is, I watched it, yes, I did, and there I said it. But praying, too, so much for Haiti.

Andrea G. said...

Sweet post friend! I agree that staying is often the hardest thing, but the one thing that is necessary sometimes... for me, it is not trying to take my kids to everything, but sometimes just staying home and being with them... or even staying in Iowa City, when everyone seems to be going :) Thanks for raising questions about why do I want to go so often :)