Saturday, January 16, 2010

Strep Throat, Haiti and Being Fussy

I get fussy when I'm sick. Especially when I don't get better when I'm supposed to be feeling better.
I went to the Doc. on Tuesday and found out I had strep throat and he put me on Amoxcillian and he gave me some vicadin for the pain. YEAH! oh. sorry. I kinda like that stuff. Yes. I'm in recovery...
Anyway, he said that if I wasn't feeling any better in a few days to let him know...so with 2 full doses of the antibiotic I figured that I should be feeling better...but was not.
Now having 101 temperatures and still incredibly painful to swallow I go back to the doc on Thursday...same guy. He looks in my throat and says it doesn't look any better has the nurse give me an antibiotic shot in the booty...and changes my antibiotic...and gives me more vicadin (which I didn't ask for...I thought he was going to give me a cough syrup...but didn't).
Friday comes along and I'm forcing myself into thinking that I'm feeling better.
Friday night comes and I'm in tears. I'm not feeling better...my ears are now in pain and completely plugged up and I can hear nothing.
My roommate is back, THANKFULLY! She rubbed my back...got me water and hot packs. She's so sweet.
I slept horribly last night, woke up this morning and went to the doc. (3rd time has got to work)
I see a different doctor who wants the low down of the week, I tried re-telling everything I could and here was his response.
"Well, I don't want to bad mouth any of the other doctors...but he should never have switched your antibiotics and he doesn't know what he's doing, the antibiotic you are taking now isn't doing anything."
My throat still looked bad, I now have ear infections and my head is about to explode. ugh.
He put me on a whole new regimen of stuff...I don't even know what it all is...at this point my mind is not working clearly and I'm like, 'whatever'.I do have to say that it's pretty.
He said, in his own words, "You should absa-freaking-lutely be feeling better in 7-10 days."
7-10 days.
great.
I was hoping to feel better tomorrow. So I can sing. But that's not gonna happen. :(

It has not been a fun week.
Everything happening in Haiti has got my heart all a mess.
Everything happening in my body has got my whole self all a mess.
I sometimes think that it's not happening...that in my fever induced weird state of mind...the videos and pictures I'm seeing are just part of a hallucination or a dream.
I wrestle in bed under hot covers but my body is freezing and I turn away from the computer not wanting to think about it. But I realize the reality. There are thousands and thousands of people who can't turn away from this and forget about it. That there are thousands and thousands of people who don't have a bed and covers.
My heart aches. I feel completely helpless. I get even more fussy.
But I do realize that I can stop feeling sorry for myself. There is no reason. I cannot even begin to imagine what those beautiful people are feeling over there.
Keep the people of Haiti in your prayers and don't forget about them. God is doing HUGE things and you don't want to miss it.

4 comments:

Shadley said...

Love you sweetie. Satan is attacking you so you don't do something about this Haiti thing, I think. God is working something amazing out in your heart (about Haiti and orphans) and Satan is using everything he can think of. He ab-so-freakin-lutely won't get ahold of you girl because Jesus is your King and He's gonna heal your body and your heart.

Erin said...

Remember what God said..."even if you can't sing..." maybe He wanted you to really rest in that. Please let me know if I can do anything. I'll make you hot soup :)

THE BROWN BOYS said...

don't you ever go back to that first guy again. i'm mad.

Leah said...

I'm sorry you're so sick, Emily! Give us an update so we know if all those crazy pills are working. :) Prayers for you!!