Thursday, February 28, 2008

I Said...Drop & Give Me 50!

I love it. I really do. I might be crazy...but I love it!
I have not been tempted to join the army or anything but I am going to continue with this class for another 5 weeks! Am I crazy?! yeah. (it really isn't like what you may be envisioning....big guy in camo...walking back and forth....yelling in your face...if it were like that I would probably cry.)

Today was the official last day of the 3 week class. I improved in my timed mile, (I didn't stop to walk! woo hoo! That's huge for me!) pushups and plank, but did less situps. Overall I was happy with that stuff.
I was one of the 4 that had perfect attendance! That never happens.
The 4 of us then had to pick a number and whoever won got $20 off their next class.
I won!! That never happens.
And you automatically get $10 off your next class...so that's $30 off!

So...next week is an accelerated class that is everyday for 1 week. Then I have a week off and then start a 4 week class 3 days a week. Which will be a bit more bearable...since I get to pick which days I want to go, the other days I will try to do stuff at the Y.
I LOVE it!! I feel so good! I honestly haven't really seen a difference in my weight or measurements, other than some muscle definition that I haven't seen before! But I'm trying to not care about that and focus on the fact that I feel good and I know that I'm helping my body by exercising! It feels like a huge accomplishment to be able to do the stuff that we do and not die!
And...that I am even able to get up at 5:00 in the morning! weird.
I may just be the next American Gladiator, but I would probably need a new name.

4 comments:

William Flinn said...

Possible Gladiator names:

E-Warrior
The Warden
Warzilla
Warzone
Ewok (?)

Shadley said...

I vote for EWok!!! That is nice. Second choice is The Warden.

emily said...

oh my gosh, Flinn. Hilarious! I knew someone was going to come up with some names...I should have known it would be you!

Jenna said...

The Warden is perfect, nice job, Bill. Kick some butt, Em!