Thursday, January 31, 2008

Once

I just watched a great movie tonight...it's called "Once". It's an Irish musical film shot in Dublin.
Here is a summary....

"Once is the inspirational tale of two kindred spirits who find each other on the bustling streets of Dublin. One a street musician who lacks the confidence to perform his own songs. The other is a young mother trying to find her way in a strange new town. As their lives intertwine, they discover each other's talents and push one another to realize what each had only dreamed about before. Once is their inspiring story."

I really liked it...I LOVED the music in this film. The two main characters were not established actors, but musicians. Glen Hansard (from an Irish rock band, The Frames) and Marketa Irglova. The soundtrack was nominated for a couple of Grammy's and an Academy Award.
You should definitely check it out. It is rated R for language.

Here is the trailer


1 comment:

Joanna Kay said...

I just got that DVD for Christmas. I love the music and the story is so amazing. I love people who do what they love in life. :D Makes me wish I had been more diligent in my guitar playing :(... oh well. I can enjoy those who are true performers... like.... YOU! :)