Thursday, August 12, 2010

My Insides Go Crazy

I love music. I love dancing. I love singing.
I love that you can feel something through these things that you would never be able to experience apart from what you can feel and experience through music, or dance, or singing. Does that make sense?
A story is told through a dance...watching this with the music that is put to it...allows you to experience this feeling at a whole new depth than if someone were to just tell you the story.
Maybe that is the artist in me.
Take a look at this video from one of my favorite shows "So You Think You Can Dance". This choreography is brilliant and I feel like it captures what I am trying to say. I watch this and every part of my insides just go crazy. There is just something so amazing and beautiful when you can convey something so powerful through music and through dance. (maybe I'm supposed to be a dancer, deep down inside me somewhere...I'm pretty sure of it.)
Watch the video here

3 comments:

Andrea G. said...

Oh that was beautiful! I had goose bumps! I have always had an inner desire to dance, but it never quite looks like how I envision and feel it :)

Laura said...

That's so beautiful. Lily made me play that about 15 times.

M. M. Martinez said...

Okay... I was totally skeptical... but that was really sweet. Thanks for sharing.