Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Let Hope Rise

What a beautiful Easter Sunday! I can't even begin to describe how powerful and good God is.
My day started out leading worship in the PAC (performing arts center). We usually have a PAC service during our 11:15 since that is our most crowded service. We have a live band, and a video feed of the message. Since it was Easter, we did the PAC for both of our morning services. And cause things get crazy.
I had the privilege to lead with Mr. Todd Agnew and the guys from Andy Melvin's band. SO fun!
Then I came back in the evening to lead with the Aaron Ivey band and the choir for the last two services. Oh.my.Word. Amazing. It was seriously a party. When the choir joins us...it's just a whole new level.
The thing is...when you strip away all of that...the bands...the choir...the preacher...you still have Amazingness. You still have Power. You still have Jesus. A man who lived a perfect life & who loved perfectly, who took on my sin and the mess of the entire world so that we didn't have to take the punishment that we so deserved, so that we could have a relationship with Him and so that we could spend eternity with Him. One day I will rise to be with Christ. I will rise because He has risen.
This prayer was read during the service from Valley of Vision:
My Father,
Enlarge my heart, warm my affections, open my lips,
supply words that proclaim "Love lustres at Calvary'.
There grace removes my burdens and heaps them on thy Son,
made a transgressor, a curse, and sin for me;
There the sword of thy justice smote the man, thy fellow;
There thy infinite attributes were magnified, and infinite atonement was made;
There infinite punishment was endured.
Christ was all anguish that I might be all joy,
cast off that I might be brought in,
trodden down as an enemy
that I might be welcomed as a friend,
surrendered to hell's worst
that I might attain heaven's best,
stripped that I might be clothed,
wounded that I might be healed,
athirst that I might drink,
tormented that I might be comforted,
made a shame that I might inherit glory,
entered darkness that I might have eternal light.
My Savior wept that all tears might be wiped from my eyes,
groaned that I might have endless song,
endured all pain that I might have unfading health,
bore a thorned crown that I might have a glory-diadem,
bowed his head that I might uplift mine,
experienced reproach that I might receive welcome,
closed his eyes in death that I might gaze on unclouded brightness,
expired that I might for ever live.
BEAUTIFUL JESUS.
Here is an amazing video that was also played at the end of the message. We then went into the song "with everything". LET HOPE RISE!!

Let Hope Rise from The Austin Stone on Vimeo.

No comments: