Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"the Pipes & Pints Brotherhood"

So I have these friends. They are some of the most Godly men I know. They have taught me so much about true character and living out the gospel. I'm SO thankful for them.
They have this thing they like to do called "The Brotherhood" or "Pipes & Pints". It's basically an open ended invitation to any guy who wants to come hang out with a bunch of guys, talk life, talk theology, have some brewskis and smoke pipes. Not gonna lie...I'm a little jealous & sad that girls aren't allowed. I would be right there alongside them with my pipe. (ok...I don't actually have a pipe...but I really want one!)
I may just start my own "Sisterhood".
Anyway...the point of this post.
I came across this OLD picture of my dad and I'm pretty sure he would fit right in with these guys.Love it. Can you imagine?
My dad went to be with Jesus in 1997.
I miss him.
I daydream about him still being here...coming to visit...smoking pipes with my friends, talking photography, art, Jesus.
I miss him.

5 comments:

erin said...

This is the first picture of your dad I've ever seen!!! I love this photo. And I'm ALL ABOUT a sisterhood...For real. Lets put a fire pit in my backyard, hang some twinkle lights, buy pipes, and have at it!

jen crane said...

i'd come...just sayin'

Anonymous said...

when i saw that pic the first thing i thought was how much Jackson looks like him! WOW! Love the family resemblance!
~Sheila

Connie said...

Emily! - Oh my God - what are you trying to do - kill me? oh crap.

Laura said...

Geez, Mom! Easy on the drama :) I'm pretty sure he would fit right in. I totally think if he were still here he would be rocking the facial hair and big hair. It finally came back around!!!