Monday, February 15, 2010

One Mission: The Pioneer Woman

So...awhile back, before Christmas, one of my good friends, Joanna, asked me if I would do her a huge favor. The Pioneer Woman had a new cookbook out and she was signing books in Austin, and apparently she is kind of a big deal. Joanna needed me to get a couple of books for her and our friend Kelli. The thing is...I had no idea who the Pioneer Woman was. But I had that night free so I agreed. Then my sisters started making comments on facebook about how the Pioneer Woman was going to be in Austin and how I needed to get her autograph and....to take it to the next level....videotape it all. (they had no idea that Joanna had already asked me about going...and that I had already agreed.) So I played it off with my sisters that I was busy and why would I got stand in line for hours for someone I didn't even know...and so on. My sisters were kidding. (kind of) But I decided to go for it, and I made my friend Wendy do it with me.
So what is funny about this:
I had no idea who the Pioneer Woman was...
I am not a fan of getting autographs.
There were lots of crazy women and hours of standing in line.
BUT...totally worth it.
So I made this little movie for my mom, my sisters and Joanna and Kelli to go along with the cookbooks. I gave my mom & my sisters their video at Christmas. I didn't really have any intentions of putting it out here for all to see. No sleep...no makeup...and my black hair comin' out. I look SO scrappy. sorry.

I would like to just say that I did not tell my fam at all about this until I put in the DVD and pushed play. It started playing and both of my sisters started giggling, breathing funny and making weird noises. THEN as soon as Marlboro Man came on there were screams...blood curdling screams. It was like we were back in the New Kids on the Block days. Then they both moved to the floor right in front of the TV. It was ridiculous. But hilarious.
AND for the record I do have to say that I am now a huge fan of this Pioneer Woman. She is lovely and I think you should all follow her blog.

6 comments:

Jenna said...

AMAZING! You met Marlboro Man! :D Hahaha...you are so hilarious - and I for one think you looked gorgeous ;)

Laura said...

I seriously think you should email this to her. Do it.

Unknown said...

I LOVED this video -- hilarious! And I'm totally with Laura - P Dubbs would love it. You should def send it to her!

Virginia said...

Emily - I had never heard of Pioneer Woman, and yet I've been on her website since watching your video tonight.

She seems absolutely charming and I LOVED the free photoshop actions on her site... and reading about homeschooling. I love that I my kids are old enough to be in school. But the more we think about the possibility of God moving us into International Missions, the more the subject seems to come up. Her perspective on the subject was great to read.

Love you girlie! Fun video. And I'm sure your family and friends appreciated your efforts. :)

THE BROWN BOYS said...

oh green girl, would we disappoint you? trust us. PW's getting all kind of emails - from francy girl and things with wingers.

Sharon Lobb said...

Nice video, Em!! pretty hilarious. I need to check out her blog now!