Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Forever Love

I just got Francesca Battistelli's CD. What's fun about this, is that several years ago a friend of mine heard her sing at a conference in Florida...she sang a song called "Forever Love". He thought immediately that I needed to sing this song at my home church. So I learned it from an old version of the song that she had on her myspace page. I sang it at my home church a few times and have done it at a few weddings too. It's a beautiful song!
So when I first heard this song, she had just signed with a company and I don't think she had started recording yet.
Anyway, it's crazy to see where she's at now...new album, 5 Dove nominations, tours...
crazy.
So I listened to "forever love" on her new CD and I fell in love with the words all over again. (I think I like the rough version better though.)
Here are the words:

You are my Forever Love
You are my Forever Love
You are my Forever Love
You are my Forever Love

From the bottom of my heart I'll sing to You
From the depths of who I am I'll love You
With everything inside I'll run to You
Cause all that I've become I owe to You

Nothing in this world could ever seperate us
I will love You more than anyone on earth
Nothing I desire could ever satisfy me the way that You do

3 comments:

John C said...

I agree - that original version on her independent CD was really sweet - something magical about it that the new "big label" recording didn't capture. Sometimes - if not most times - less is more! (and you sing that song EXTREME yourself btw!)

HoB said...

I totally remember you singing this. I think I was playing in the band... not that I remember what I was playing. :) Good times.

Shadley said...

I love her too! She is amazing.