Monday, March 16, 2009

Goodness.

God is good!
Yesterday was an amazing day at church. I am humbled that I get to be a small part of what God is doing at Austin Stone, to see His hand and experience the Spirit moving powerfully in that place...it's incredible.
I had the privilege of getting to sing with Mr. Todd Agnew. It was awesome.
Here was the set list:

Hosanna (Hillsong)
Here I Am to Worship
Reign in Us (Starfield)
Jeff Mangum-preached
communion
---You are Good (Todd Agnew)
Amazing Grace (Tomlin's version)

Jeff Mangum preached and completely NAILED it. Man...it was good. You'll have to podcast it. I could sense the Spirit moving and God releasing a lot of bondage and giving sweet freedom in that place. He talked about letting the resurrection power that comes from Jesus break us and give us newness. He talked about how it was completely possible to sit at church, be moved by the Spirit, sing worship songs, lead groups but never be completely changed by the resurrection power of Jesus. There needs to be a sweet brokenness when we start dealing with junk in our lives and when we submit to His discipline. It's crappy and hard...but necessary to get from ugly to beautiful.
After Jeff's message we had communion. I love communion. For so long in my life it had been a "ritual". Something that you just go through the motions with.
But it has turned into something so beautiful for me, reflecting on Jesus and what was done at the cross...His body...His blood.
We sang this song during communion called You Are Good. It was a song that Todd wrote...on Wednesday. Who does that?! He was thinking and praying about songs for communion and it just came out. It was incredible and COMPLETELY GOD. We sang this song over them as they took communion and reflected on the cross. Here are the lyrics:

This cup of suffering is so sweet
Sweeter than all this world offers me
The nails, pierced Your hands and Your feet
Your blood spilled so we could taste and see
Taste and see that You are good
You are good, You are good

You are good
More precious than silver, sweeter than wine
You are good
Righteous, mercy, and justice divine
Oh, You are good

Man...it was powerful. I'm thinking a lot about yesterday and I am amazed at God's goodness. I know He is good, when I think on that...He always shows me more, allows me to experience this more. I'm truly humbled and thankful.

2 comments:

Leah said...

I agree! It was soo good, and I love seeing you up there singing. It makes me smile every time. :)

THE BROWN BOYS said...

God IS good!
all the time!
wish I could have been there to share in this sweet, sweet experience with you.