Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Beautiful Mess

It's only Wednesday. Yesterday I was saying...It's only Tuesday.
It's been a rough week. Not gonna lie. It's been a beautiful mess.
Monday was actually fabulous. Then...not sure what happened after that. I thought Mondays were supposed to be rough and then get better from there. hmmm...
But even in the midst of poopiness, yeah...I said it...poopiness...I have been praying that God would ease my heart and that He would get rid of myself. Just take me away completely so that all I can see is HIM. It's beautiful.
God's timing is so sweet. He puts people in my life at just the right time to encourage me, pray for me, hug me, make me laugh. It's amazing.
We also had our monthly prayer meeting last night with Austin Stone. Chris, Jimmy and I led worship together and it was an incredible night. People went after it. It's a time of worship and prayer all mixed in with each other with communion at the end. It's a beautiful night. What perfect timing too. It was much needed to get on my face at His feet.
Jen shared this verse with me and, again, was fitting and perfect timing and God knew I needed to hear it. I love how the amplified bible puts it...

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
Therefore we do not become discouraged (utterly spiritless, exhausted, and wearied out through fear). Though our outer man is [progressively] decaying and wasting away, yet our inner self is being [progressively] renewed day after day.
For our light, and momentary affliction (this slight distress of the passing hour) is ever more and more abundantly preparing and producing and achieving for us an everlasting weight of glory [beyond all measure, excessively surpassing all comparisons and all calculations, a vast and transcendent glory and blessedness never to cease!]
Since we consider and look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen; for the things that are visible are temporal (brief and fleeting), but the things that are invisible are deathless and everlasting.

2 comments:

Connie said...

That crazy crazy God, you gotta love him!!!

HoB said...

Thank you for pointing me (in the pay it forward) to 2 Corinthians 4. I needed to read the whole chunk. Hey, read it in The Message version... it's really sweet.