Friday, May 16, 2008

My Truck Apparently Had Several "ouchies".

So an interesting thing happened today at work.
Around 3:30pm my co-worker shouts from the conference room window..."Emily! What are those pink things on your truck!?"
I immediately thought, maybe it was debris leftover from the storm...petals fr
om a blooming tree or something.
I said, "WHAT?!"
She said, "You have pink things all over your car!"
Being in an office our immediate thought was "post-it" notes, it looked like post-it notes (from where we were looking on the second floor.)
So I went down to check it out....
Band-Aids, folks.
I got "band-aid-ed"
Pink hello kitty and Barbie band-aids. Stuck all over my truck!
I immediately busted out laughing. It was great!
I was trying to figure out who would do such a thing...Hilary?! I knew she was helping Abdullah move some stuff and the two of them together would do something silly like that...but no. It wasn't them.

The only other person that knows where I work is MELODY!
Sure enough. Melody decided to decorate my truck with pink girly band-aids.
I called her and all I heard was laughing. I KNEW IT!
We just laughed for awhile and then she told me how she was trying to be quick with it and so she stuck them all on her arm and then got out quick and stuck them all around my truck.
Classic! I wish I could have gotten a picture of it!
The ride home was interesting. 2 blew off. But the rest made it!
It was also a little interesting driving home because I had to drive through 2 areas of construction, they had the lane closed off with orange cones, and construction workers were standing all along there, holding a "slow" sign. So here I come with my ghetto truck with pink Hello Kitty/Barbie band-aids stuck to my truck.
I just tried not to make eye contact! Just doing my part to "Keep Austin Weird" right?!
Then as I pulled onto my street an old guy was walking down the sidewalk and he just kept looking at me! I kindly waved and kept going! It was great!
Here are some pictures!
It was a little difficult to get the full affect on the pictures. But you get it. HILARIOUS!
Thanks Melody! It made my day!

No comments: