Thursday, May 15, 2008

I Have This Funky Outfit...

I was re-reading a quote from Spurgeon that I love and it hit me again. I've decided to split it up and share with you some of the quote and then my thoughts as I read the words.
"Mourning Christian, why weepest thou? Art thou mourning over thine
own corruptions? Look to thy perfect Lord, and remember, thou are
complete in Him; thou art in God's sight as perfect as if thou hadst
never sinned; nay, more than that, the Lord our Righteousness hath put a
divine garment upon thee, so that thou hast more than the righteousness of
man-thou hast the rightousness of God."

Why is it that I weep still, that I mourn for the way life is, for the way I feel when I mess up, my soul hurts when I hear or see or think and I don't understand why I feel this way, it's something in me stirring and I can't figure out what it is.
My Lord is perfect, I know that over and over again. He is perfect, I am not. But what I can't seem to understand, over and over again, is that He sees me as perfect. He looks at me and his gaze upon me is something that is not human, and it is as if I had never tasted the fruit.
Why is it that I still allow myself to taste the bitterness?
He has given me new clothes to wear...perfection...an outfit so amazing, so beautiful and so funky, a garment worth a price so high that I cannot afford it, a garment of righteousness very different than the rags I continue to put on.
He has given it to me to wear proudly, to wear beautifully, to shine, to wear with confidence and joy.
It is His covering on me and it is what He sees and loves when His gaze is upon me.
It's from him and it is divine!
It is nothing from man, but it is all from Heaven, and it is good!
Somehow I am complete in that. Nothing more do I need, than this funky outfit that is His.

No comments: