Wednesday, November 04, 2009

A Beautiful Thing in College Station

I had the privilege of joining the Aaron Ivey band on a little road trip to College Station, home of Texas A&M (aggieland.) last night. There is a "little" ministry there called Breakaway. They meet every Tuesday and there are around 5,000 students that show up. Yeah. Crazy.
This week they had to meet in this auditorium:
We had to do two services to fit everyone. It was packed out.
God broke into that place and moved powerfully. It was awesome. SO much fun. GREAT people. HUGE God.
My friend Ginger rode with me. The van was full of guys and so we followed them up there. I'm kinda glad I wasn't crammed in the van. I have a feeling it might have been kinda stinky. A van full of guys...c'mon.
So Ginger and I rocked the GirlPower and represented the ladies.
She shot this pic to take note that they say "gig 'em" every chance they get.
We are heading back up there next Tuesday and I can't wait! SO worth the REALLY late night and getting up early for work.
So humbled and thankful that God has called me to this ministry where I get to worship Him and lead others into His presence. Where I can see His spirit move through His people as they sing, shout, clap, raise their hands. It is a beautiful thing.

2 comments:

Jen said...

i think next tuesday you should just step up to the microphone and be like, "y'all, i'm off the chain. you don't even know how lucky you are to be in my presence." just try it. see what happens.

Leslie said...

Emily, just wanted you to know that I was at a huge Beth Moore conference in IL this past weekend with worship led by Travis Cottrell. It was amazing! But besides the Lord, I thought of you. I could hear your voice and see your smile singing along on that stage. You have a gift that was nurtured in IA and is now speading God's love in TX. You go, girl! Rock the house for Jesus, and never forget He is walking every step with you! I will always treasure knowing you thru Joanna. Hugs from Illinois!