Friday, August 28, 2009

My Soul Sister

I'm going to brag on my friend, Jen, for just a second.
Not only does she share my love of Africa and black babies, but she has blessed my life over and over again. She makes me laugh...HARD. Like...peeing my pants laugh.
One of the things I appreciate most about her is how she speaks truth into my life. She is quick to be there for me when I need to just be told, "It's going to be ok". Or if I just need her to make me laugh...or talk black to me...by saying...."Gurrl you is ghetto."
I can count on her to just show up if I need a hug.
The other day when I was getting real frustrated with all my ghetto health stuff and starting to get anxious, she sent me this email that made me get on my face before my Maker.
I wanted to share it with y'all cause I think some of you may need to hear this too.
"Somehow, you've got to consider it pure joy, evidence that you are doing great work for God's kingdom. Know that you are worthy of these kinds of struggles. Satan goes to God and seeks permission to burden you with pain and exhaustion and God says, "go ahead and test her because I know her heart and she's mine. She will not stop praising my name." God doesn't need your body, friend, He needs your heart. that's all. Keep praying. Don't let fear in. Don't let it reside in any part of your being. He's got this."
yeah. take that in.
Love you Miss Jen.

4 comments:

Laura said...

She is special...I agree.

Piland Family said...

I adore her.
And I'm so happy that she is being loved up and cherished in Texas. She deserves it.

Anonymous said...

wow. i love you two!!
so blessed to know you both!!
Love you ~ Always
Valerie

susan said...

WOW, thank you for sharing that!