Thursday, August 27, 2009

I Think I Need Africa

My friend Kristin told me about this amazing woman. She is 20, single, living in Uganda and has adopted 13 girls and completely trusting in Jesus. Her life is amazing.
Kristin got the opportunity to go over the recently and got to photograph her life there.
She has 13 kids, and has over 400 kids that depend on her for care.
She writes the story of how she got to this place in life on her blog here.
Here is a post of pics of her girls and asking for prayer for each of them by name. AHH they are beautiful!!!
I'm pretty sure I might just name my daughter Zuula someday.
Kristin did a beautiful job taking photos. She put together a slideshow that you can see here.
Katie will be posting it on her blog in the next few days too.
God is stirring in my heart something crazy about Africa and it's not just cause I want black babies. Yeah...I said it.
I went to an Africa meeting on Tuesday night with Jen. I pretty much cried through the entire thing. Ok...not the entire thing, but for sure during the slideshow of pictures.
I'm not sure what all of this is, going on in my heart. But I think I should go. For a couple of weeks at least. I don't know. I need to be daily on my face about it.
My heart is drawn to the beautiful people there. Particularly the poor, orphans and widows. I just want to love on them like crazy.
I can't shake it and I get messed up every time I hear about it or see pictures.
Seriously. I need Africa.

3 comments:

melody said...

Africa needs you.

Kelli B said...

Ahhh! I was totally going to say that. "Africa needs you!"

I totally read Kate's blog. Em, it's the most humbling, awesome thing I've read in a long time - her love and unending passion and perseverance and trust in Christ for the kids and families and people there is one of a kind.

Love it. GO GIRL. Follow God's lead if the door opens, walk through! I so know you wont regret it. And that your love would speak epic volumes to the people there in need. Who receive no love, validation, or attention on a daily basis.

Carrie Sterner said...

You may not yet understand what exactly is being stirred up in you but you know for certain who is doing the stirring! All you need to do is listen with a completely open mind/heart and obey the Master's call for you. Exciting Emily!!!!!!!!!!