Saturday, June 03, 2006

Purification, Luggage and my Dad

When my family got together to celebrate my 25th b-day and my sister's 30th b-day I was so blessed by the gifts that I received. There always seems to be "something special" in the gifts, whether it be like the Jesus air freshener I got as a gag gift that "Smells like Purification", or the 5 piece luggage set that I got from my sisters. So that I can come back home and visit when I'm in Austin!!! YEAH! One of the most precious gifts that I got was a piece of paper from my mom. Awhile back I had asked my mom if there was anything about me that was my dad. Character stuff, physical stuff, anything that I would have gotten from my dad. I always fear forgetting him, what he was like, the way he looked, so I wanted to know the things that were apart of me, that were like my dad. So my mom printed a picture of my dad and I when I was little and all around it she wrote things that we have in common!!! I CRIED!! It was so sweet!!!

"Full of lofty ideas-some almost too high for earth!"
"Can sleep anywhere!"
"Likes dogs"
"Strong, brave"
"Sweet"
"Great sense of humor-never afraid to be silly"
"Photo-fanatic"
"Freckles as a child-curly hair"
"Hesitates to find right words in explaining something:
He said, 'Uh...'
You say, 'Like...'"
"Creative, artistic, talented"
"Kind, caring"
"Adventursome spirit-try many things"
"Friendly, outgoing"
"Smart-figure things out and/or use resources wisely to learn"
"Soft-hearted, loving, affectionate"
"Messy"
"Cry easily"
"Strong opinions, convictions, not easily swayed or steered away from truth"
June 12 will be 9 years that he has been with Jesus!! I'm sure that for him it's only felt like minutes! Oh, I miss him! I can't wait to see him again!

4 comments:

Kelli B said...

What a beautiful post Emily..and even more, what a beautiful gift to receive!!!

Awesome...

Joanna Kay said...

l agree. l'm so touched that you would share that, Em. l'm just sitting here in Japan, crying for you. When the time in Austin gets scary or confusing... just remember how proud of you your Dad and your Heavenly Father are of you. You are amazing Em. Thanks for sharing that with me.

Shadley said...

em
i am crying for you too...that photo said it all...i could see how very much he loved you.

Meghan said...

Em- Very sweet. Your mom is so creative. Made me realize how blessed I have been to have you as a roomie and friend...we shared so much. Love ya!