Sunday, May 28, 2006

Bocce Ball and Faithfulness

Yesterday was my b-day! I am now 25! I'm a quarter! I like to think of it that way instead of being halfway to 50! Last night some good friends and I had a BBQ. It was great! I got the coolest present...A Bocce Ball set! It's a great game and I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to have fun! Get a group together and get your Bocce on!
I was reminded last night, as I was thinking about my 25 years of life, of God's faithfulness. There are story after story of God's perfect faithfulness in my life, even before I was a christian and knew that God's hand was on my life. Even in the times when I hadn't been so faithful to Him, He was faithful. When I went through some of the hardest times in my life, He was faithful. "Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed. For His compassions never fail, they are new every morning. GREAT is your faithfulness" Lamentations 3:22-23
When I became a christian I prayed that God would give me a story. That I would be able to glorify Him greatly with my life. Again, He has been faithful, and He has given me a story to tell! In some aspects of my life story I would say I'm not proud of, or would not have planned out for myself. But I have been able to say now that I am thankful. SO thankful. My life has been a series of experiences that have shaped me into who I am. I'm thankful for that.
God knows what He is doing. His faithfulness is PERFECT!
"I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself." Psalm 89:1-2

2 comments:

Joanna Kay said...

I love your story and I am so thankful that I got to be a small part of it. I love to think back to when you all had your concerts and you and I used to watch with amazed fascincation as Nox got hit on by junior high girls... and I was your deaf friend at the Mexican restaurant. HA HA! And then the time we sat in your car, listening to worship music and talking about crappy stuff.
I think of you and remember how often you shared your beauty with me and how God has given you so much of Himself to fill and overflow through you.
I am so blessed to be in your life. May God bless your days in Texas and protect you (especially when on the bull). I love you girl!

Kelli B said...

Happy Birthday, late! Oooh, and Bocce ball? You are one lucky gal. I LOVE bocce ball. in fact this weekend we even said "I wish we had a Bocce ball set" b/c we were looking for things to do in the great outdoors.

Congrats on a great gift! :)