Sunday, January 07, 2007

Jack Bauer is my Hero


Okay, so I am totally addicted to 24 again. It all started several years ago when my friend Meghan and I got introduced to 24 and we started watching from season 1 on DVD. I believe our friend Andrew had something to do with it.
We were hooked until halfway through season three, where both Meghan and I decided we needed to stop.
We started having BAD dreams due to the intensity of these shows and the fact that we were watching the entire season back to back within a couple of days! I needed an intervention and had to stop watching the show. Until a couple of days ago when I heard a pastor refer to 24 in his sermon. (It was actually really funny, and very fitting to the message...he is also hooked on the show)
I then decided to get back on the show. I have finished season 3 and am on season 4. I can't stop! It's SO good! (please, if you are a 24 follower and are on the current season...don't tell me anything that happens)
I really like Jack Bauer a lot, he is my hero! He is so brave and strong and he is also very kind.
He knows how to break people and rescue people.

7 comments:

William Flinn said...

Hmmm....I'll have to check it out when I return. Sadly, we don't get that show. :(

Meghan said...

Okay first of all Bill- It's a must!! There is a part of your life missing if you don't see the show...just kidding. But for real, grad a buddy or two and watch it...the buddy is also a must because you'll want to talk about it. I know I sound freaky, but it's an awesome show!

Emily- Dude! Where did you get those pics... the third one is a little close...makes his blemishes come out:) Anyway, I am sure you have a Jack Bauer collage or something in your room by now! Have you noticed the bag? On season 3 it was black and on season 5 I can't remember 4 it is tan...I think he's making a fashion statement. My dad said he carried his lunch around in there. anyway I am starting to have scary dreams again...I think those would be called nightmares. I don'tget enouch sleep the way it is..with a baby and all..so I might need to think about giving it up again...if they get too whacked out that is.

Chris said...

You better watch out Emily or you'll end up being like these guys...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2uebaIFihE

Meghan said...

Okay Em...check out the site Chris gave you, couldn't you see us doing that together?? Maybe the next time you come home to visit...and CHris can film us like he filmes us after your birthday party singing "Say my name".

Joanna Kay said...

ohhhhhh my gosh.
i could only watch season one and then i realized that skipping class and staying awake until 3AM was not a healthy way to live my life. Good luck with that. It's expensive to rent here in good ol' Japan because they box them up like two episodes at once... and who only watches TWO episodes?
ughhhhhhh... anyway, i like the fact that you have many addictions. diet coke, jack bauer... um, maybe we should talk?

Shadley said...

you should talk to brynn. another 24 devotee.

Anonymous said...

Emily! I'm riight with you! 24 is my new found, self diagnosed obsession! I got handed season 1 when i got my wisdom teeth out and was told to watch it because i apparently look like kim bauer (i don't...). I got SO hooked. Over break, I got my parents into it and we finished season 3 in about a week and 1/2! Then started season 4, but i had to leave and now i'm at school with no rental place in walking distance, so i'm having a bit of a withdrawal! But it is probably good for the sake of my studies, health, etc. Glad to see we've both discovered the beauty that is Jack Bauer!