Wednesday, April 07, 2010

So...I just Got Pulled Over

So this really happened.
I just got pulled over for talking to my mama on the phone in a school zone. During the prime time of everyone picking up their kids from school. And to top it all off...there was a whole news crew there documenting the entire thing. Not gonna lie...there were some words that came out of my mouth that probably made all the kids around me cry.
When the cop went back to his motorcycle to write down all of my information...the news team, camera included, ran across the street towards me...are you kidding me?!....no.
This was our conversation:

News Lady: "I realize that this isn't the most opportune time..."
Me: "I don't want to be on the news."
News Lady: "...but can we ask you a few questions."
Me: "I don't want to be on the news."
News Lady: "Are you sure? We just..."
Me: "I don't want to be on the news."
News Lady: "...want to ask you if you knew about the law."
Me: "I don't want to be on the news."

Then they left and then the cop came back and gave me a ticket for talking on my cell phone and two warnings...one for a brake light out and one for still have my old address on my license.

Can this day be over?

3 comments:

CharCof said...

I'll give you the $10 for a new license the next time I see you =P You can do it all online...easy breezy =)

Anonymous said...

ARG! What a day! At least you get to start over tomorrow. :) Hugs to you. At moments like these, I like to reflect back on happy things...like Saturday, when I got to see YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

I JUST noticed those signs for the first time this week. My first thought was something like, "Geez, I wonder how many times I've already broken that law?" I understand the thinking behind it, but issuing a ticket to a first time offender seems a little harsh. So sorry, friend. :(