Thursday, August 21, 2008

Worship, Pogo Sticks and an Armadillo Story

Last night I had the honor of leading worship for the community group of my good friend Charlotte. It was an awesome night of worship and prayer. I got to meet an amazing group of women who are all so beautiful! It was also special because Charlotte left today for India for 18 days. It was good to spend this time with her worshiping and praying together before she left.
We met at Charlotte's office which is the Austin Baptist Association, and I'll say that the night ended with some unexpected fun.
One of my new favorite persons, Jen, captured the moment and you can read about it on her blog here. She is sort of a midwest girl and just moved here 3 months ago.
Also, Jen shared an amazing story with us about her experience with an Armadillo. For all of you who have asked me if I have seen any armadillos, I am sad to say that I have not experienced anything quite like this...but I'll say that I about peed my pants when she was telling this story.
Check it out!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Friend, I have a feeling that last night was the beginning of a whole lot of hilariousness to come. I'm so glad we met. Kate and I will see you next Thursday! We can't wait! Love ya!

Leona said...

That was an awesome night. Worship, prayer, and an Armadillo story, indeed. It's a shame I missed the pogo stick moments with you guys that night. It was awesome to finally meet you, Emily. This is the beginning of a wonderful blogging/facebook/face-to-face friendship. Love ya, girl.