Saturday, January 26, 2008

Engagement Gig

While I was back in Iowa I got to be a part of a very special event! My good friend Andy had called me the night before I got into town wondering if he could steal me for an hour the next night...he was proposing to his girlfriend!!!! He wanted Greg and I to sing a song as part of the proposal!! How precious!! Of course I couldn't turn down this opportunity so I quickly agreed!
It was thrown together last minute and it ended up being such a sweet and romantic night!

Andy had been working on a video during the week of pictures and told Jonna that it was for church. He brought her to the church to "check out the video to make sure it was ok". Greg and I hid back stage (with Kinsey)...waiting for our cue.They walked in and the video started. After the video, he proposed...they had their moment and then Greg and I came out and I sang the song "Forever" by Ben Harper while Greg played the guitar. It was so fun!!! They are adorable! As soon as I heard the music to the video from backstage I started to lose it! But I pulled myself together and started being goofy in order to stop from crying!
Then after I got done singing they played the video again for us to see...and I lost it! It was so sweet! I'm so happy for them and felt so honored to be a part of it!!
Congratulations Andy and Jonna!

2 comments:

Laura said...

awwwww. They look cute together.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.