Saturday, September 02, 2006

"Under the Influence"

Hilarious...yesterday I heard the song "Under the Influence" on the radio. I was quickly brought back to, not the "Beautiful Feet" days, but the "24-7 Band" days!! When we toured around having this song as part of our set list. It brought back some good and interesting memories! Good memories-the good ole days with the band, traveling around to hot small towns, playing on a flatbed truck with maybe 5 people in the audience, to playing in a small church for a few more people, signing our first autographs, Nox being obnoxious like always, Rach and I sharing a bed...and other things:)...i could go on and on... Interesting memories...how hard it was to stick that weird note in the middle of the song...and I usually did the high part...interesting!
The memories came flooding back!
Here is a picture of a reunion we had a year ago! It was fun to sing and play together again. I hope that we can do that again someday!
I would love to hear your favorite 24-7 band, Beautiful Feet memory! There are many!!

2 comments:

Kelli B said...

Okay, so my fave memory of the band is Main Event my freshman year...you guys were the band, and on Saturday night after Louis Giglio spoke, the worship was intense. The Spirit...EVIDENT in that room. And we sang the Doxology and a few other songs acapella - and it was amazing. That's my #1 fave moment wtih the band. :)

Anonymous said...

OK, I remember all the dumb things; like the first time we played without our shoes on and we thought we were SO cool (an I went and bought my first ever toe rings for the occasion). I remember staying in Dan's grandma's friend's basement that smelled like an old person's house, with the red shag carpet, white chenille bedspread and latchook art on the wall. . . I remember when Nox played the set and Aaron did the percussion, and even when DGrimes rocked the electronic drums. . .When Andy K was our sound guy and he would wander away from the board because he was talking to someone. . . when my mom said that you look more like her daughter than I do. . . that first night recording in Zach's bathroom and him farting into the mic. . . starting the quote book, and then trying to explain the quotes to Sangeetha and why they were funny (turns out you had to be there, I guess). . . Should I go on?